You might be wondering why plumbers are often referred to as superheroes in their own communities. It is because they risk their own lives every time they enter a home contaminated with black mold and pathogens.
The types of viruses, bacteria, and protozoa found in water contaminated with sewage are infectious and can cause death. Your plumber superhero is often the first person risking health issues due to dirty water, as he is exposing himself to dysentery, cholera, typhoid, E. coli, HIV, SARS, Hepatitis A, all kinds of protozoa, and chemicals that cause serious symptoms.
5 Tactics That Superhero Plumbers Use Bring Clean Water to All
Plumbers use several heroic tactics to battle unclean water in your home including the following measures.
1. Plumbers will wade into very dirty waters to do the necessary water testing. After a big flood or a storm, it is often necessary for your water to be tested at a lab to make sure that it is not contaminated with life-threatening pathogens such as typhoid, cholera, or dysentery.
2. Plumbers who respond in a flooding emergency often expose themselves to damp structures that could collapse in on them due to weakening from water saturation. Often these plumbers will also help you rescue pets and important papers as well as help you set up a sump pump and fans to help get rid of excess water and dry the place out.
Often these plumbers will also help you rescue pets and important papers as well as help you set up a sump pump and fans to help get rid of excess water and dry the place out.
3. Plumbers also face contracting diseases when they install backflow device that are worn out or that have been damaged by flooding and storms. This is crucial because it is these backflow devices that will prevent even more water from being mixed with raw sewage.
4. Superhero plumbers can install UV filters in your pipes and also replace damaged old pipes if necessary. UV filters kill the up to 99.9 percent of all pathogens known including those that cause diseases and fatalities like cholera, dysentery, and typhoid.
5. Plumbers are also very vulnerable to being exposed to black mold, as they are usually the first to come in contact with it as they search crawlspaces and basements for signs of proliferation. Toxic mold is very deadly and can cause severe respiratory distress so plumbers who often wear heavy-duty protective masks while they perform this duty.
If you are wondering how we can aid plumbers by practicing proper water conservation, then be sure to take his or her advice about installing back-flow mechanisms and low-flow toilets in your home.
This will reduce your risk of having the back-flow mechanism malfunctioning during a flooding emergency because the water levels in your pipes will always be kept very low.