Are you curious when you should replace your home’s aging wiring? Some signs that can indicate you need to install new wiring are:
- You have bad wiring connections.
- You notice the lights dimming or brightening periodically.
- You notice the lights flickering.
- You notice the odor of burning plastic.
- You see sparks, flames, or smoke.
- You notice the wires start to overheat.
- You notice scorching around or behind the faceplate.
Is your household running out of hot water before everyone has showered? There are several reasons for this, including:
- Multiple appliances are using hot water at the same time.
- There is sediment building up in the unit.
- The dip tube is broken. This allows cold water to move to the bottom of the tank to be heated.
- Your water heater is nearing the end of its lifespan.
- Your unit’s thermostat is not working properly.
When you have a clogged drain at your house, you need to resist the urge to pour a store-bought solution down the drain and call the professionals. Experts have tools to completely and accurately remove blockages, including snakes and augers.
A building that’s warmer than expected can signal a variety of issues, including that you need to recharge your refrigerant. Schedule an appointment with our AC experts to investigate the cause and fix it.
The short answer is no. Modern gas furnaces have safety standards in place to help prevent the systems from starting on fire or exploding. While it is still possible for this to happen, typically the unit will shut off before a dangerous event can occur.
Install motion sensor lights at all entrances to the property to protect your home – including by all doors and windows and by the garage. Installing sensors in these locations can help deter intruders, and also make your home safer.